Happy New Year from FIRST LOOK

  • Subject: Happy New Year from FIRST LOOK
  • From: "cbctplant" cbctplant@sbcglobal.net
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 23:47:24 -0500

 Hi Everyone,
     Just want to wish everyone a great new year, and success with all your
resolutions if you've made any. Here's a message from the First Look Staff:

     Tonight at midnight, as is traditional, the FIRST LOOK website goes
back up with lots of new photos (over 150) from our last meeting and the
info on FIRST LOOK 5. Special thanks go to Arthur Wrede, Kathy Sisson,
Viktoria Serafin
and Alttara Scheer for providing all those ( clear ) photos. ( The fuzzy ones
Carol took with a digital
camera, indoors...a tool and setting she was CLEARLY not practiced at.)

     The plants at our last meeting were really outstanding, so don't miss
the Plants section of our Photo Viewer. In particular, we had quite a
showing from the FOoSF bunch, first time participants Glen Williams and Dave
and the ever diligent Bill Meyer and Arthur Wrede. They turned out in force
this year and
garnered a few of our awards.

     Just to get the ball rolling on FIRST LOOK 5 a couple of the worker
bees have dreamed up a little contest for those who stay up late to be the
first to see the FIRST LOOK website New Year's Eve.

Here's how it will work...

     There is a Name That Hosta contest on the site this year - a smaller
version of the
one Kent Terpening dreamed up for the meeting.

 1. Find the Contests Page off the main FIRST LOOK page. Click the Name That
Hosta button.
 2. Directions are on that page along with a few hints....
 3. Send an Email with your 5 answers to njhosta@comcast.net or

    The first one to send an e-mail with all 5 correct answers, timestamped
after 12:15 EST
(just in case some have been slipping in the back door) will win a plant of
LOOK gift plant for the FL4 Meeting named 'First Choice'. It's an original
plant TCed just
for FL4 and available nowhere else. It can be seen on our "Contests Main

4. Only one entry per person per day until we announce a winner, or next
Wednesday Jan. 5, 2005 10pm EST, when the contest ends.
5. If no one gets all 5 right, the winner will be drawn from those entries
with 4 correct.  ( Glen's pet, Kierkegaard, will draw the winner. )

Good Luck to all of you and hope you enjoy the website.
                     The FIRST LOOK Staff

 Please feel free to copy this to other hosta lists where people might be

Remember that the FIRST LOOK link that opens the entire site ....will not be
open til the
stroke of midnight....EST! Until 12:00 the FL index page will show the holiday
greeting card...

AHS Region One   and      FIRST LOOK