Re: Potting up hosta.

In a message dated 12/7/1998 8:14:50 AM Central Standard Time,
KPugh94468@aol.com writes:

<< AS A NEW HOSTA GROWER IN THE U.K IS FORCING A GOOD IDEA,WHAT ARE THE PRO'S
AND
 CON'S OF SUCH A THING?KEV >>

Hi Kev!

I gather you mean growing seedlings under 24-hour(or less) lights.
In my experience the cons are: Mildew, gnats, watering, and the fact that you
have to grow a lot in hopes of getting a good one.

The pros: You can see the finished product in bloom in around 8 months.

There are many on this list that are more experienced than I in this
regard;but, I no longer do this. I am first of all too lazy; and, second, I
have found some great seedlings in the garden every spring. BUT, everyone
should at least give it a try.

Good Luck!

Clyde Crockett z5 Indy Indiana