Re: Unregistered Hostas

Tom wrote:

> Ran and all robins,
>

>, there is no guarentee, that the plant
> you buy, under a certain name, is really what you will get."
>

> Tom Micheletti
> The Hosta Patch
> Deer Park, IL
> I have taken the above out of context to save space
Ran
******************************

Tom
I think if you look back over the post you took my quote from, that it
was an answer to a post from Cornelia Holland, in which she said she
didn't need a "good Housekeeping seal of approval" on hostas, and
questioned the new "rules".  in fact, we the growers as reps. of the
system ,do guarentee that the registered plants that we sell will follow
the description given in the registration , and will stand behind that.
Since the registrar and the registration body, sells no plants they can
only guarentee as I have said, the plant under a recognized and
registered name, is in fact the only recognized Hosta by that name.
That is the only real justification for registration.  Several posts I
had seen , from verious sources, seemed to indicate that some folks
thought thet somehow registration is a stamp of approval.  it is of
course not that, and makes no pretense at that.
Thanks
Ran