Re: expensive convention hosta & REWARDS

Marekmohr@aol.com wrote:

> so i guess the next question is:  IS IT ALWAYS THE BEST IDEA TO BUY ON PRICE
> ALONE....i say no....for the above noted reasons.....
> ken
>Ken and all:
Ken asked a question I partially answered a few days ago.  That is that
in one respect, the price of a "rare" plant reflects supply and demand.
But he has brought up another good thought.  That is .is the real value
of a plant reflected in the price?  In the short term , that may not be
a factor, but soon , if a plant is not "garden worthy" it will lose it's
value anyway.  Before you spend the big bucks , (even with me) you
should do some research, and that should include some garden visits.  We
have all our new Hostas on display at our gardens, along with hundreds
of other Hostas, some very rare.  For instance you can see (not buy)
chicks "Satisfaction"  Some of Clydes and Jims new plants.  even Leopard
Frog, and Cross Stitch are here. and so many more.  We do not use any
slug controlls, or commericial fertlizer in our garden so you can really
see how these plants look.  if you can't get to our garden, try to look
at plants you may want , in some garden where they are maturing.  Then
decide if you want to spend the money.
Ran Lydell
Eagle Bay Hosta Gardens
10749  Bennett Rd.