Re: Wayside Catalog

Joanne Pyszczek wrote:
  I guess I have to give them credit though
> for expanding their offerings and listing some that aren't sold at the
> local K-Mart or Home Depot, but give me a nice specialty catalog listing a
> few hundred hostas anyday.
> Joanne
> jopyz@earthlink.net

Isn't it funny how people get taken in by Wayside? For me it has two
uses - a good wish book, and a reference to make notes of nice plants to
look for locally. I just moved, and have dog-eared nearly every page of
the Wayside catalog so I can make my local buying list for next year.
  As for Home Depot, at least around here, last summer I found them
selling Klehm hostas, daylilies, and perennials for cheap! A friend got
Sunshine Glory, and I got Sparky - $25 each in Klehm's catalog - for $5!
And nice plants, too.

Diane Frederick
Cleveland, zone 5