Re: More Comments on Wayside's Catalog

It is apparent that those that are complaining about the prices in Wayside do
not run a business.  Their price are high, But that can be justifies by the
catalog which might Costa as much as 4 dollars to make and another 1 dollar to
mail.  And you know that not every one that gets the catalog makes an order.
So if you are one of those people that gets the catalog but never make an
order-then you are to blame for the high prices.

Second feeling sorry for those that buy plants on the high end of the spectrum
is like feeling sorry for someone buying fruits and vegetables at the grocery
store--it a lot cheeper to grow your own or go to the farmers market and get
it fresh.

The point is that every item that is sold has over head that needs to be
covered and price only reflects what customer is willing to pay. If it is
priced to much it will not sell and if it is priced to little you will go
broke.

When I sell or buy Hosta I do not look at the price first - but what i get for
the money.
small plants lower price
larger plants cost more

But this fact seems to escape a lot of people, I will get questions like" why
is your so much" when I am selling a one gallon perennial for 5 dollars and
someone else is selling the same plant for 2.99 in a quart container.  I could
take my one plant and make three plants the same size as the other guys.
Waysides plants are expensive-Yes, But I imagine their customers do not mind.
Not every one has the time to find the cheapest plant they can or the need to.