Re: More Comments on Wayside's Catalog

>Waysides plants are expensive-Yes, But I imagine their customers do not
mind.
>Not every one has the time to find the cheapest plant they can or the need
to.
I've purchased from Wayside, while I was still a foolish novice, the plants
aren't in any way comparable to what you can get from a good hosta nursery.
You can get something at least twice the size for a fraction of the price
from almost anyone else, but I do realize that many people are unaware of
alternative sources.  My objection is when they refer to them as "rare", to
me that seems like false advertising.  They can charge as they please but
I'd prefer if they were more honest and described a plant such as Sagae as a
must have for a serious hostaphile  instead of claiming it a rare plant. I
don't usually buy from the cheapest source, but I try for a good value.  I
do love their catalog, there's normally a number of things in it I'd like
but I try to find other sources.  It's a live and learn thing with
gardening, sort of like
how every gardener I know has learned about Michigan Bulb thru personal
experience, you have to try it and find out if it's worth it.
Joanne
jopyz@earthlink.net