Species good to collect

You asked my opinion on good species of hostas to collect. Without a
doubt, the longipes are my favorites. Schmid lists several others in his
famous  tome in the species section.

Among the best that I have found are some of the following.......

longipes Aki Tenryu
l. aequinictiiantha
l. Hypoglauca
l. 'Aurea'
l.var. latifolia
l. Form 82 from Alex Summers selections
l. "Blue Form'...a selection from Alex Summers
l 'Urajiro Hachijo...selection found in the wild in Japan.(.I have many
young plants of this)
l. Urajiro Hachijo no. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 from Jim Hawes collection
l. UH4 is now known a H.' Marilyn Monroe' (in tissue culture) not yet
l.latifolia selections Little Slam
                             Grand Slam
                              Slam Dunk
                              Three Bagger
Hybrids of longipes such as Ogon Amagi
                                          Kifukurin Kihachijo (which is
yellow with white edge)
                                          Red Spats(Hawes) NR

These are but a few suggestions. I hope these are helpful.