RE: knockout

I have been growing knockout for six years now, and I would call me results
semi-successful.  I actually have three divisions in one area and a single
plant in another area.

The single division and the three plant clump both get quite a bit of
sunlight.  However, the single plant is in an area where it gets no morning
sun, but quite a bit of noontime sun.  This plant has been a slow, slow
grower but never had any browning at the edges.

My three plant clump gets quite a bit of morning sun, has a small amount of
edge burn each year, and has grown slow, albeit somewhat faster than the
other location.

I guess to sum this up, I would recommend a fair amount of sun to promote
growth.  This spring, since the clumps are getting large enough I plan to
move them to a "high shade" area to see if I can obtain a better looking

I amend my soil heavily with cow manure.  Other than that I would suggest
many years of patient waiting.

Hope this helps.

Roy Dales
Milton, VT