Re: A Third Option?

At 08:57 AM 12/4/99 EST, you wrote:
>Gerry, I am a collector too.  Started collecting old stuff when I was a
>Still am into  collecting old stuff, but I have found that none of my
>collections give me the pleasure that hosta collecting does, the plants are
>so dynamic, just observing to see what they will do is so fulfilling.  Try
>observing an expensive piece of glass, it can get boring.  Plus you get the
>added benefit of zen meditation as you weed.  :) :) :) :).
>Mary's stuff should do well at your house, she has some awesome stuff.
>Take care,
Hey, Narda..The only one of Mary's hostas I have at the moment is L. Black
Satin, which I love. Her latest post to hosta open has me drooling for the
gold one with red flower scapes, though! I live about an hour north of her,
and next spring will *definitely* make a trip down there. Think I'd better
take a set amount of cash and leave the checkbook at home, though!

Collecting..Agree that hostas give more pleasure than most things I've
collected. But I have to disagree about the piece of glass thing, though.
:-)  I hace been bitten by the gazing ball bug and have been buying them on
Ebay. They are glass, true, but the transparent ones look like giant soap
bubbles and change every time the light does. And they will look lovely
tucked in with the hostas! Bob says I've now exceeded the carrying capacity
of the yard, defined by him as when you have so many that you can see one
gazing ball reflected in another! The only thing that saves me is that he
buys really stupid stuff on Ebay too.