Re:Troublesome Hostas

These are my most troublesome ones.
'Wide Brim'
'Sea Sapphire'
'Jade Cascade'

I love 'Calypso' and will try a new one this year.  I have given up on
'Wide Brim".  'Wide Brim' is so puckered that when the leaves open up,
the edges tear.  Is this a nutritional problem or just a bad hosta?  I
will move tortifrons to a sunny location -- I've learned my lesson
here.  Next year is year 3 for Jade Cascade.  It is still a small hosta
-- waiting for specatacular growth.  On another note, I'm surprised to
hear that 'Kabitan' is a problem.  I have 'Kabitan' growing very well;
one plant purchased 4 years ago is now 22 plants forming a long border.
North side of house for shade, but no trees -- wish I could plant all of
my hostas here.