Re: Y2K Poll

Y2K bah humbug.... I have to spend 4 1/2 hrs fighting the weather to be at the office to babysit a system for 13 hours to prove that we are Y2K compliant (Has been Y2K compliant for 2 yrs) because some legal beagle (who is sitting at home watching my favorite bowl games) thinks that it's good legal posturing (Let him sit at the office).
As to Water, I have two cases under my desk at the office but that's because they keep forgetting to call the water cooler people and I can't stand Chicago City water.  I have four flashlights in my desk not because of Y2K but Commonwealth Edision is notorious about power failures any way.   Two cans of soup in my desk because I don't trust they will provide food for us while we sit at the office and count wall ceiling tiles or I can catch up on one of 14 projects that I did not get down because of the various "Daily emergencys" that have to be in by year-end.
To put it all in perspective... Several Corporate Types at NIPSCO (our local utility) have bought and installed emergency generators last month.  hummm.... humm......
Oh well I owe I owe its back to work I go,
Kate Ardissono
. Could I please get some feedback from you about Y2K ?
 I am wondering how many of you are taking precautions and what the precautions are. I just returned from
 the supermarket where I was surprised to see the amount of bottled
water some people are buying. The check-out clerk said they anticipate
 a rush for food and water between Christmas and New Year.