Re: hosta talk

In a message dated 12/9/99 6:14:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
kcecyr@mcmsys.com writes:

<< I'm looking for a hosta forum that talks about hostas.  >>

Hi Folks,

I am ready to talk about hostas too.  Some of these questions are downrigh
dumb and I know that you have heard them before, please have patience with
me.

My first question,  do you need to add an s to hosta to make it plural or is
hosta the plural?

Another question, a friend said that Mary uses Listerine on her seedlings.
What for?

Is there a way to get rid of the green slime on the soil around seedlings
short of picking it off.  Will the algacide that you put into aquariums work.
 Does the green slime hurt anything?

Do I need to keep the trays of seedlings covered or uncovered, and for how
long after they sprout will they need to be covered?

Will heat make the seedlings grow faster?

Will I develop patience as I make this endeavor to germinate seeds, never
thought I would be doing this.  I am afraid that with the Dorothy Benedict
that I added to my collection this summer, I will be out playing bee this
summer too.

With a thirteen year old in the house the button idea may be a better idea
for me, although considering how much pain bothers him I doubt that he would
be interested in a tatoo.

Malcontent and Proud of It,
Narda