Re: hosta talk

At 10:24 PM 12/9/99 EST, you wrote:
>Bob, I used Diazinon for my gnat problem and it worked great.  I hate to use
>pestacides.  Malathion smells so bad, last year I dipped a small Hibiscus in
>a bucket with a tablespoon of malathion in it and we almost had to evacuate
>the building.  I did it at school, dumb.  I had to call the County Extension
>Agency and get an OK.
I guess things turned out OK, but generally, never, never use malathion on
hibiscus (at least not the tropical ones). The carriers used are highly
toxic to hibiscus.

Are we talking about using malathion or diazinon  for fungus gnats? Seems
like overkill to me, since generally fungus gnats are merely an annoyance.
But I could be wrong about hostas..

And using malathion for head lice? EEK! Not on my kid you don't, though I
guess the stuff they use now is just as bad.