Re: hosta talk

In a message dated 12/09/1999 8:10:53 PM Eastern Standard Time,
seabeth@heart.net writes:

<<  I use
 fine poultry grit on the top and you will get no formation of the fungi.
 Poultry grit is ground granite and therefore makes a good soil additive when
 seedlings are placed in the ground also.  >>

I have used ground oyster shells also sold as poultry grit to discourage
slugs.  I think it runs about 5 bucks for 50 pounds.