Re: But you gotta hear what I did!

At 05:19 PM 12/10/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Gerry/Bob O'Neill wrote:
>These are genuine Property U. S.
>> Government rotting logs and They'll make me put them back if you tell on
>Hi Gerry
>	Some poor person went on the upper mississippi reserve around here and
>picked a bunch of seed off of some plant a year or two ago. They whacked
>them for each seed head picked, one heck of a fine.
A colleague once came upon the TVA people doing maintenance on their power
right-of-way that runs through the Oak Ridge Reservation. They were using
one of those mechanical Machines of Death to do it, and he saw six lovely
dogwood seedlings in the path of this monster. So he dug them up and
pitched them into the back of the government truck he was driving,
intending to take them home for re-planting. He drove back to the Lab and
was in the middle of transferring them to the back of his personal truck
when someone saw him and apparently alerted security. They came out
immediately, and made him take them back to the power cut and throw them
out. They told him the dogwoods were gov't property and couldn't be removed
from the Reservation. Geesh!

Gerry >