Re: But you gotta hear what I did!

made him take them back to the power cut and throw them
>out. They told him the dogwoods were gov't property and couldn't be removed
>from the Reservation. Geesh!
>Gerry >
It is even worse here.  In NY one can get a permit to "harvest deer"(fine
with me)  Harvest firewood and cut logs, on state land.  Under no
circumstances, can one get a permit to dig ferns of any kind.  This despite
the fact, that the forest only supports ferns at certain stages(they die
out as the forest becomes to dense.  When loggoing , the large machinery
rips up and kills hundreds of smaller forest plants, but my pointing this
out to state authorities and seeking a permit to salvage some, (I am
willing to pay for this) has brought a resounding "no chance" !!