Question...

OK, so I'm gonna be semi-living in Guatemala for the next 7-8 months. (no,
it's not gonna stop my buying frenzy) So, naturally, I am having a tough
time being away from my babies. Last night I had a thought. If I dig up a
Hosta or two, and carry them bare root to my apartment here, then pot them
up, I can use them as house plants till I go home. (yes, too many beers)

But seriously, it's cool here (always spring like temps) and I thought it
would be worth a try. What do you guys think? I can store them in the fridge
for a few weeks here, to keep them dormant. How long should I do that? In
soil or bare root? Then I could break their dormancy after the allotted
time. Pot them and grow em.

Then when it's time to go home, I could remove them from dirt, cut them
back, and take them home. I may even try to put them back in the fridge to
put them into dormancy again.  Is this not a good plan? Need some experience
here.

Be creative with me now....

Lu (Atlanta, Zone 7B)(but in Guatemala till next week!)