This week

This has been a week of the extreme. I have tackled chores of every sort. I
now have an even greater appreciation of the work that Bob does for us as he
keeps up the Library and all. I tried downsizing just about 65 pictures for
him and it took me all most all day. It sounds quick but there is always
something else that needs to be done. So everyone, we owe him a great deal
for the time and effort he so freely gives. I guess this is a good time to
ask about how our fund is going in support of the Library. Do we still send
donations to Barbara?

This week my seedlings have joined in with the Jeffersons in singing, 'We are
moving on up.' They are beginning to demand movement into 3 inch pots. It is
amazing how fast they begin to grow once this stage is reached. Again this
year I am amazed at how much larger the all green plants are compared to the
variegated ones of the same cross. That little bit of chlorophyl really makes
a difference. This pattern does not seem to be holding true in the X files.
The lemon yellows plants in that group seem to be growing just as fast as the
deep green ones but those with white variegation are a little smaller. Oh
yes, at this time it seems that the yellow with red petioles are larger than
those without the red.  Something that I will be watching more closely in the

After so many computer problems, I have decided to never take one to the shop
again. Finally I discovered all of the things I could not find had been
deleted. What a mess!  It took me nearly three days to get thing going again.
All seems well now and I have finally finished the catalog, redesigned our
Christmas gift certificates, did my Christmas cards and started Christmas
baking. You know the baking that takes so long to do and yet can be frozen
for a week or so. Went to look at a new PC and decided that it would be less
headache to just replace in the future.

The other growing houses are almost completely covered now. I am glad we
finished in time. The weather man actually promises us 2 inches of rain
tonight and tomorrow. It will be quite cozy working inside putting out the
vole bait and checking for any problems that might need attention.

Only one Japanese Maple, Orida Nishiki, still displays its bright red leaves.
That, the white tipped hemlock and holly trees (which are bending down with
their berries) are the bright spots in the landscape this week. It is not yet
cold like our normal Christmas season but in our decorations we did the snow
scenes anyway. In the past few years I have made over 100 Saints and several
other decorations. Since I refuse to take down the hosta trophies, I find
that there is not enough room for everything. The results are that I have
Santas among the hosta leaves and Holly framing plaques or draping over all
sorts of host symbols. An outsider might think it strange but if I like it,
then to Roy it is fine. He is just that good to me.

Happy Holidays,