At 08:43 AM 1999-12-14 -0800,  From: "Beth Arnold" <seabeth@heart.net>
> > I would like to place a bid on this plant but are we on hold at this time?
> > I'm a little slow sometimes!
>Good morning
>         My server was down all night and it looked like it chucked all the
>messages. I wonder where we are in all this too.
>Thanks Bye BobAxmear

 >>>-------------------->> TO: Beth, Bob & ALL: (from Bill Nash)

-->> ***Regarding Auction to raise monies for the Hosta Library*** which I
had launched yesterday; and in response to an email from your Library
Treasurer, Barbara Jones <see pasted below> therefore, I have decided:
1.)-->> I am withdrawing as of this post!!!
2.)-->> The Auction I started yesterday is ***CANCELLED!!!*** so please do
not use my Internet Addresses on this Topic (auction) again?

Please accept my sincere apology? ...for the Auction-misunderstandings &
communication-turmoil, which I started ...AND AM ENDING FORTHWITH ...as of
this last post!!

Thank U'all for your time, troubles & tribulations in this Auction matter;
and particularly those, who were already involved in same with donations
and/or bidding? ...I'm sorry, it went the way it did ...forgive me & goodbye

WiN = William Nash
<<--- original e-mail <pasted below> from Hosta Library Treasurer---->>

>Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 20:05:47 -0500 (EST)
>From: BBROWNJ@aol.com
>Subject: Auction
>To: raffi@sympatico.ca (WiN)
>Cc: bobaxe@sbtek.net
>Hi Bill:
>Those of us who have worked on the library would like to have things be a bit
>more organized and move slower. For example:
>#1 length of auction. Due to the holidays it is a bad time for full attention
>to the auction. We want it to be a howling success.
>#2 Take into account shipping charges.....do we have a set rate per plant, or
>does the Library pay for it? It ends up being  a large amount unless some
>rules are set.
>#3There has to be some order to the paying and collecting. The treasurer
>should collect the money and then notify the buyer so that the donor knows it
>is safe to ship.Then donor and buyer can then  agree on time for shipment and
>#4 Do we have a minimum to start on each plant ,or do we go by the hosta
>finder or whatever method each person uses?.
>#5Does anything sell , registered, unregistered, seedlings, tc's ?
>#6 This is a team effort. Bob has put a lot of time into this as has Carol
>and I for one would like to see them have some say in this auction. Bob also
>should be compensated for his time. My input is small compared to theirs. Bob
>is doing his best to save money and try to give us good pictures. Clyde, Gary
>and others have made nice picture donations. I would like to see them have
>some say in how this auction is run.
>#7 I am not looking to start trouble. I am not a trouble maker.You have sent
>some nice pictures also that will be used. I have learned from your pictures
>as well as your tips, but I would like to see this as a team effort and not a
>one person effort. It is for all of us on all the robins.
>Barbara Jones
>Library Treasurer

personal Web-site>> http://www3.sympatico.ca/raffi
E-mail> "William Nash" <raffi@sympatico.ca>
Lettermail> 157 Harvard Road, Guelph, ON, CA N1G4L3
New Internet Seedling-hybridizers Exchange [nise discussion]
Hostapix digital-image sharing group [hostas] >
Norway Internet Seed Exchange/trading [NISE] >