Re: Use of Auction Funds

In a message dated 12/18/1999 6:37:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sunkat@netnitco.net writes:

<< Maybe we can expand the site then to allow for descriptions and other info
 about these joyous plant.  Also we could maybe have how-to sites attached,
 hosta lessons and all the things that a certain site is missing.
 Just a thought.

 Kate Ardissono >>

Kate,
We have others working on this VERY thing right now!  It is an excellent idea
and much needed!  It would be nice to tie an entire database to the site ...a
kind of Silver Book site as has been discussed before.  A place where you
could go for information and a site for your local newsletter editors to go
for material to publish locally.  A place where you could go and be able to
rely on the information that is there. Not everyone has a computer (poor
things) and the compiled photo collections of many makes a massive BYTE that
will need more and more space.
Isn't it nice to see photos of plants you are considering for purchase?  A
line or two in a catalog just isn't the same as a picture!
As we get better representative photos of plants we will upgrade the site.
Bob and I will be doing a lot of that this winter.
So....if the auction is the smashing success it appears it will be, the site
WILL get better, and it is obviously a BIG success now. 15,000+ hits as of
today.
The team putting on the auction is not planning a big party with any left
over funds.  The monies DONATED via the auction will go to support the site
and the expansion of the site.
So thanks to everyone who has donated plants...it is exciting to think that a
simple appeal by Bob to think about a "possible auction or fund raiser"  has
turned into something so positive and exciting!
Thanks everybody!
Carol in CT z6/5