Re: Use of Auction Funds

You made reference to the  Hosta Library being a place for newsletter
editors to go to get information to publish in their newsletters. There
is another post today mentioning the Hosta Library as a resource for
newsletter editors. This is a trend that worries me.

I hope the connection between the American Hosta Society and the Hosta
Library remains at a minimum. The AHS has a web site, a web master, and
the funds necessary to support the newsletter editors. The problems the
AHS has had on the internet should be reason enough to keep these two
entities as far apart as possible. Next thing you know we will be
getting a list of rules.

Please let the Hosta Library be about hosta photos,  not about serving
the American Hosta Society.

If the AHS wants an internet presence, they should put some serious
effort into their web page, and they should not have closed their

Is the newsletter editor still on board that replied in a poll that they
never wanted anything from their newsletter to ever appear on the

I have run into this type of irrational  bitterness towards the internet
more than once at hosta meetings. Unfortunately, it's not that uncommon,
even in officers of the AHS.

In my opinion, the Hosta Library will have it's hands full just trying
to keep on the cutting edge of stored hosta photos. Keep you focus

Dan Nelson
Bridgeville DE
zone 7