TC Hosta

I have had several request for Retail Purchases, so I thought I had better
state our policy.  Winterberry Farms is a wholesale tissue culture
laboratory and we do not have the facilities or labor to handle retail
sales.  As Chick and others will tell you, retail is very labor intensive.
We handle over 150 varieties of Hosta and shipping less than our minimums
would bring the nursery to a standstill.  Also, I think that the customer is
better served with finished plants where it is easier to be sure that the
plant is true to form.  Because of our fine customers, most of what we sell
is available somewhere for retail.

We have tried to list some of our customers at our web site, but have been
remiss in getting some listed (anyone wanting to correct this problem should
send us information now when we have more time to post it).  We are a small
company, and do not have a secretary yet, so please bear with us about
getting the office work done.  I spend my time trying to grow the best
plants possible, and to obtain new varieties to fulfill Hosta lover's
desires.  We added over 50 new varieties this last year.

We have the philosophy that the tissue culture labs should support the Hosta
hybridizers, and not just use them.  We are still a growing company, so we
make mistakes (as I did with that post to Chick I let slip by last night) so
please bear with us as we figure it all out.

Jim Anderson
Winterberry Farms Tissue Culture
Please do visit our site, WinterberryFarms.com  (we may get it finished

P.S.    On the issue of using the photos in the Hosta Library.  We have
provided links to some of the pictures in the Library for the convenience of
our customers.  If any of the contributors to the Library do not want us to
link to their pictures, please let us know.