Re: Dogs - nothing to do with hostas

Hi,Clyde-
we have Italian Greyhounds and they are very snuggly.They are also very
active.  But if your wife wants a true lap dog-a Maltese or a Chihuahua
would definitely fit the bill! They love to be on people. Lap dogs are
house dogs and can't be left outside in cold or inclement weather.
Actually, they just want to be wherever their owners are. Come to think of
it, most breeds are like that, no matter what size!

What you should do is visit the AKC site at http://www.akc.org and visit
the toy breeds section. Another good site is http://www.dogfancy.com -lots
of dog info.

Email me with any specific questions you might have and if I know the
answer, I'll be glad to share!

When my husband was thinking of getting a dog, I got him a Dog Breed
Encyclopedia and he read about all the different breeds and temperaments.
You might want to visit you local library and take out a book on breeds. Or
do research on the internet at the above URLs.

I do volunteer work for both Italian Greyhound Rescue and Saluki Rescue and
many pets come into the program because their owners weren't informed of
breed traits, so the more informed a potential owner is, the better the
choices and decisions are.

Good luck with your search!

Patty Woodbury
<saluki13@mediaone.net>