Re: baking dirt

In a message dated 12/23/99 7:52:59 AM Eastern Standard Time, eoneill@ibm.net
writes:

<<
 Narda, Pro-Mix is a soil-less mix used a lot by nurserymen, composed of
 peat, vermiculite and perlite. It's often available in a 3 cu ft bale from
 garden centers. Also available by mail, at least from Hummert.  If you us >>

Gerry, I have looked all over Cincinnati and the surrounding area and cannot
find Pro-Mix.  I called my sister with the hort degree and she says that it
is commonly used in the Lexington area.  The mix that I am using now is
called Strong Life, Universal mix.  It is a soil-less mix, I love the coarse
texture, it doesn't seem to get swampy.

Maybe when I am in Lexington for the holidays I will pick up a bag of Pro-Mix.

What do you think, should I try Pro Mix or stick with the Strong Life?

Thanks,
Narda