Re: Pro-mix (Was: Re: baking dirt)

Hi, Gerry:

2 years ago, I was able to buy "Magic Earth" in 3 cubic feet bags from
Walmart.  What was good about it was it contained no peat moss.  It was a
light soil less mix that used decomposed swamp sedge grass (I think), a
shredded bark, perilite, sand, and some other stuff.

The company is ABS-Greenworld, Valdosta, GA @1-800-633-5156.

Strangely, this year they only carried a potting mix using that name, but
it's composition had peat moss, etc., and low fertilizer.  I bought some, but
I won't buy it again.  It didn't drain well at all even though it was a light
mix with perilite.

Hope this helps...Happy holidays.

Hostally,

Rich Horowitz