Re: Pro-mix (Was: Re: baking dirt)

I don't know the botanical name, but for ME, bat faced salvia is a VERY
expensive plant.  I saw it growing in the garden of a friend in OKCity
and had to have some, as well as the double Oakleaf hydrangea that was
in her yard.  I went to the nursery (not nearby), bought both, and had a
costly accident a few miles away!!  Had to have my nearly new car towed
all the way back home (100 miles) because NO body shops in OKCity could
possibly get to it for months because of all the cars damaged in the
tornadoes!  It is a small plant, of no particular beauty in its habit,
but it has the neatest flowers when you look at them close up.  They are
black bat faces, the features being white, with large bright red ears.
Even if you didn't know what it was, you would recognize the bat face.
I have neither seen it nor grown it before, so I didn't know if it would
root, but it did, readily.  At this point, I have 7 cuttings growing
well in my little greenhouse!  I would guess it is a tender perennial
that is usually treated as an annual.  I can find out more, if you
want.  Maybe we can get you one or two of my plants when it is safe to
send them or I could bring them to you at the AHS conventiono in
Minneapolis??  It looks and grows a lot like the cigar plant.  It is
something you appreciate only upon CLOSE inspection, but does look good
with other small/miniature plants.  I planted it near my mini hostas.