Bat-faced Salvia (Was Re: Pro-mix (Was: Re: baking dirt))

At 03:29 PM 12/24/99 -0600, you wrote:
  <snip>   It is a small plant, of no particular beauty in its habit,
>but it has the neatest flowers when you look at them close up.  They are
>black bat faces, the features being white, with large bright red ears.

Now you've got my attention! I still don't recognize it from your
description (which sounds like it looks like a viola), but if it's a
Salvia, I want it, I want it!

Are you sure it's a Salvia? Stem should be square, leaves may or may not be
scented (sometimes not pleasantly). I'll drag out my Salvia books and see
if anything matches your description..

I would love to trade for some, other Salvias, hostas, what ever..I'll get
back to you next spring.

Thanks, Gerry

P.S. Isn't it frustrating to have to spend all that money on a CAR, instead
of a hosta!      ;-)