Re: Bat-faced Salvia (Was Re: Pro-mix (Was: Re: baking dirt))

Betsy Mahtani wrote:

> Do ALL salvias have square stems?

I haven't been following this discussion, just happened to read this one
while waiting for pics to download.  Salvias are of the Mint family and as
far as I know, all have square stems.  Dave, who is our perennial expert
says that what you have might be Cuphea llaevis, bat flower.

Salvias are great plants, both the hardy ones and the sub-tropicals.  We
have been collecting them for a few years.  If you are into them, he will be
offering over 20 varieties this year.  They will be listed at
www.crownsvillenursery.com, but Dave is still updating the site for spring
and they are not all there yet.  Hopefully in another week or two.

Chick