Re: baking dirt

When I had my nursery and grew thousands of seedlings , and even today, I
used Redi-earth.No need to sterilize, just plant. Greenhouse supply  places,
nurseries, Agway etc are apt to carry it.

I would not reuse any planting medium for seed sowing.
Also at one time there were two kinds of pro mix. One had BX on it and that
indicated it had fertilizer in it. There was also one without the
BX(fertilizer). This I found I could use for rooting cuttings, but the BX
type was too strong for a lot of tender cuttings. I would not use the BX type
for seed starting. Just my observations. Hope this is of some help to some of
you.

Barbara Jones
Mass Z5