Re: Hi to Bruce Banyai

Clyde, thanks for asking about the boys. They have made the rounds in
various hosta meetings over the years, but now are going different ways.

Joel is now 21, 6'5", 3rd year Engineering student at Delaware,  Aaron 18,
6'1" and 250 lbs of pure muscle, high school senior, with our baby Mark
almost 15 and nearly 6' tall, high school freshman.

     Yes I fertilize them with oats and barley, since they eat like horses.

     Mark seems to be the only gardener in the group, having followed his
     Grandma Pauline and us around a lot of gardens without having to do
     the workload of the older two! They have hauled their share of manure,
     divided more hosta then they can remember and pulled more weeds than
     they would admit to. All have worked at the local nursery for years,
     after working for their dad in his gardens!!!!

     Mark likes gardening. He has been running the Banyai Hostas business
     for the past couple of years while I have been logging the airmiles
     overseas. He also grew up after the Internet was common use, so it is
     convenient and normal for him. He really enjoyed the Jackson meeting
     this year.

     Lois is still trying to get time in the garden among all her other
     activities - actually developed in time with lots of mother-in law
     advice into someone quite knowledgeable about hostas. Think about it:
     when I first brought her to Michigan in the dead of winter from
     Virginia to meet my mother, Pauline asked her if she liked gardening.
     Lois in her own way answered she didn't know anything about gardening,
     but would be glad to learn!!!

     Always fun to talk gardens and hosta.

     bruce