Subject: Re: Streaking and stability (Was: Re: Doc Reath)
Author:  hosta-open@mallorn.com (owner-hosta-open@mallorn.com) at HERCULES
Date:    12/29/1999 7:35 PM

In a message dated 12/29/1999 6:02:46 PM Central Standard Time,
eoneill@ibm.net writes:

<< Exactly how do you more experienced collectors define "streaked?"
Is Great
 Expectations streaked? Is Striptease streaked? If the answer is yes,
does
 that mean you don't want any such in your garden? Why?

 Streaked, in my opinion, means that the plant has all sorts of funny
and
different colorations---it is not a solid colour, nor is it
variegated, i.e.,
has a defined center and a different colored margin. 'Dorothy
Benedict' is
"streaked." Great Expectations is not. Neither is 'Striptease'.
They are unstable---if you want to breed--get the streakies.

Clyde C.