Re: Interesting statistics...now Phoenix and lists

In a message dated 12/30/99 10:41:54 AM Central Standard Time,
trueblue@micron.net writes:

<< the Phoenix robin.  Is anyone still
 on it? >>

Hi Diane and Narda,
I'm still on the Phoenix robin, and every other robin about hosta I can
find..'cept maybe that one of Clyde's, the BHHS (or do I have my acronyms
mixed up)?   Clyde, how do I join that too?  With all the lists, I usually
don't remember to check the address to see which group a post came from....I
just read what I have time for and delete when I get too overwhelmed.

On another note, I've been working on a database (to keep track of my hostas)
that is based on one I got from Ken Marek.  He graciously shared his
collected data (up thru 1997, I think he said) and his format?? in MSWorks.
This has probably been discussed before, but... I'd sure love to hear what
methods you all use to keep track of your hostas and also your other plants.
Besides this new database of Ken's, I have different spreadsheets for:
Trees/Shrubs/Vines, Perennials, Plants I Want to Try,  Books I Own,  and
finally...Books I've Read But Don't Own (with comments to remind me if it's a
book I'd want to buy for my  'library'  :) and then maps that always seem to
be in need of updating.  And another question...do you keep track of
different information for your other plants than you do for your hostas?

Cindy Johnson
White Bear Lake, MN
zone 4a

p.s. How many of you collect gardening books like you do hostas????