Re: Phoenix and lists

In a message dated 12/30/99 5:36:07 PM Central Standard Time, NardaA@aol.com

<< Cindy, I write its name on a stick and put it in the ground next to the
plant, that is why I have two of the same of some things.  Needless to say if
I spend too much on it I will not forget.

You have got to be left brained.
 Narda >>

ahhh Narda, you're probably right....and I used to be a computer programmer
too (before my hosta addiction)  :-)   This reminds me of an art class I took
where we followed the principles in the book "Drawing on the Right Side of
the Brain"...which was basically drawing what we SEE, not what we THINK we
see....so now I try to teach my kids to really look at the thing they are
drawing and then draw that, and not what's stored in their memory (left side
of brain?) of what the thing looks like.

Don't your sticks ever get misplaced, broken or hard to read?  I have a dog
that eats metal labels, and kids and their friends that pull them out, and
markers that don't hold up to our weather...and the thought of losing the
name of a hosta really strikes fear into my heart...  lol (that's just a
slight exageration)  If it was within me to not want so much control over
things, I'd have alot more time and less stress, I'm sure.  Oh boy, do I need
that theraputic time of diggin in the dirt, or what??

Cindy Johnson
White Bear Lake, MN
zone 4a