Just a reminder,

Don't forget to check you hosta gardens for vole activity. In the past
week I have found vole activity in several areas. It seem I may have
lost a couple of H. 'Northern Lights'.  My Jack Russell  got two voles
just yesterday in open areas but I try to keep him from digging directly
in my hosta beds. Small hostas he will sometimes dig up(T.C. liner size)
but larger hostas he digs around. I placed  6 baiting stations around
the garden Wednesday and will be watching closely.

It's a good time to kill winter weeds with Roundup. I hope to start
spraying soon. Last year I started mixing the pre-emergent herbicide
Surflan with Roundup and had good results. I have found that by keeping
winter weeds down I can better monitor vole activity.

Just a few daffodils are starting to show. I need to spray these beds
soon or it will be too late. Once the daffs are up Roundup would damage

I found out today that my computer is not y2k compatible. I will have to
manually enter the date and time every time I turn the computer on or
programs that use the internal date may show the wrong dates.

That was some Auction.

Collecting money for hostas from this group is like taking candy from a
baby. (complete with the screaming)

Long Live the Hosta Library!

Dan Nelson
Bridgeville DE
zone 7

P.S. Welcome to the new kid on the block.