Re: Phoenix and lists

In a message dated 12/31/99 2:51:16 PM Eastern Standard Time, Meum71@aol.com
writes:

<< But tell me how one would see something without "thinking" about it.

Paul, I do it all the time.  I hear without thinking about it too.  Smell,
touch taste, etc.  The point is that drawing is mostly a process of observing
or studying.  It is done with the eyes and the brain more than with the
pencil.  It is a skill that anyone can learn with careful observation and
practice.

People draw a preconceived image often without observing and that is when hay
discover that they are not really good at it.  However, it is also true that
we are talking about a realistic approach to drawing.  And aesthetics is a
big part of what we are talking about and I don't feel like going there right
now.

I go around all day long everyday saying "what is the most important thing
that we do in art?" , the kids know the answer is thinking with our brains.

Take care,
Narda