Re: Will I ever figure out seedlings?

sunkat@netnitco.net writes:

<< Question though as I stare at these little babies... Bob mentioned that the
 first leaf of a possible striped plant is striped but looking at them I
 can't tell.  Do I need a magnifying glass? or is it the first Bigger leaf or
 what. >>

Kate,

With the seedlings that I've had come up, they appear to all be green when
first emerging and unfurling. As the first leaf grows larger the streaks
emerge or develop. Also I've had seedlings show only a slight line on the
first leaf, with subsequent leaves showing a tremendous degree of streaking.
This is my first year with seeds so my experience is very limited, but I
think your streaks will come out this week if you are now at the
emerging/unfurling stage.

pout, pout, right with you,

No Hosta Library CD.
No plant Delights Catalog.