RE: hosta-open DIGEST V1 #722

That's exactly what I am doing this year. I marked all my late bloomers, the
ones in pots (H. rupifraga, H. 'Fall Bouquet', H. pycnophylla, H.
'Mikawa-no-Yuki', H. longipes var. latifolia 'Urajiro Hachijo', etc.) that I
intend to bring inside in about a week or so to put under lights with the
seedlings (about 7000 seeds planted). What I did last summer when I had some
late blooming plants and didn't have what I was looking for to pollinate
them with, I went to the local hosta nursery and scoured their plants and
found a few early bloomers that had re-bloomed late and borrowed their
plants (with their permission) for a few days.

Norm Lesch
Manchester, MD