Early vs late bloomers

So, if we could force a plant into dormancy, place in the frig, for instance, before bloom, like a late bloomer (Kinba) we could then put it outside for the winter and bring it back in or let it stay out, it might bloom with the earlier bloomers.  If left out to come up with normal cycle, it might be ready for pollination with the June crop?  Comments?  What are some of the earlier bloomers in breeders, Breeders Choice, DB?  Anybody keep records?
Best Regards, Beth
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2000 8:27 AM
Subject: Re: hosta-open DIGEST V1 #722

Beth & Norm,
  I asked CH Falstad about this " early blooms  before leaves" and was told wholesalers and growers like to wait till the bloom cycle is completed before digging and harvesting in the fall.  Sometimes this just doesn't happen......they have to be harvested.  So if a plant that is just starting into its bloom cycle is dug, stored and shipped in the spring, the first order of business for that hosta is to complete its bloom cycle.
Monty