Re[2]: dtt

Although I am a birder, DDT saved millions of lives from malaria and other
water-borne/mosquito disease.

No question the shell of the eggs and bird of prey decline were due to many
complex factors. I would like to see most pesticides back in use, but only
used under strict supervision. Human health benefits should always be
foremost in environmental matters, especially when we can control these
issues.

The return of the eagle is nothing short of remarkable. Possibly we
underestimate the resilence of wildlife, when you ban the hunting of it -
note the deer population in the same vein. Will there eventually be too
many eagles? Some birders are now warning of this.

Interesting, if you have time to study recent volcanic eruption data, Mt.
Pinutobo and Mt. St. Helens released more acid SO2 and fine particulate
matter ( dust ) into the atmosphere than all mankind since the start of
time. And the false science with the ozone hole is truly sad, from a
scientific standpoint.

short-term climatic disruptions. Keep the whole earth balance in mind!!!
     bruce