Re: Re[2]: dtt

At 10:16 AM 12.2.00 -0500, Ransom Lydell wrote:
>*****************
> We need to be carefull when listening to the "enviormental-political"
>group, in deciding about these issues.   Many of the enviromental
>phenomenon that we try to blame on man, are simply natural variables.

Hello - I agree - but there is a but ...

But ...
we can't say that it is natural variables when not only the soil, but also
groundwater get polluted from pesticides and other - even perfume and soap
has been found now, and when we are warned from eating our fish in the
sea/ocean because PCB or heavy metals like quicksilver or cadmium ... well
- this is in my eyes dangerous manmade polution. And a reason for being a
bit careful - think it over what we do to nature in the way we live ...
So my opion is there is natural variables in nature, but we haven't made it
much better ..  earth will survive and recover fro many years i am not
afraid of that .. but maybe after we have degenerated and most of mankind
died ... and a restart will probably come once more.
I don't call me a religious person - but when we find the same 'history' in
most old religions/mythlogies that it has been and will come floods as a
restart or what ever because man has come to far away from living in
balance with nature ... that seem to be a kind of natur rule too :)

Agree..
I agree in a lot too in what have been said about natural variables, and I
often say that man seem to think everything is supposed to be so stabile,
but where I live it was glaciertime 'some' years ago - 10000 years in
nothing for the nature... and the time it took to melt away most of the ice
didn't take long time - 50 year did a lot they say - sure that was a big
global heating!

It has been a lot warmer here in Norway - where we now have a rock
mountain: *Hardangervidda*, that was covered with big pinetrees some
thousand years ago! Bronce age.  And sure it has become colder and colder
since about 1200 ... with a top about 1750 here by us ... crops couldn't
get ripe and people starved and immigration started from here - to America
... ! :)

... but do you really think someone living far far north in Norway would
say *no thank you* to some degrees warmer summers!???? Not me - I would
like the bronce age climate to come back as sooon as possible! :))))))))
But I want to be able to drink the water and eat the fish and have a nice
harmony with the nature - if the should be a religion in my life it would
be the nature! That dosen't make me a fanatic.
Arnhild