Re: Foliar Nematodes- Temik

"James M. Anderson" wrote: I

> am sure that it would kill foliar nematode, however.

Along with a lot of other stuff.

We used to use it when we grew poinsettias.  Scared the hell out of me every
time I opened the bag.  If you insist on using it, you should have protective
clothing because the dust is absorbed by the skin, and a respirator for
pesticides, not just a face mask.  I think temik is one of, if not the most
dangerous widely used pesticide used in the last twenty years.

It's systemic and does kill foliar nematodes, but is extremely dangerous to wild
life, probably birds and fish more than anything else.  I don't know if it is
strong enough when absorbed by the plant to do any damage to bees.