Re[2]: Foliar Nematodes- Temik

Any and all chemicals have safe ways to handle and apply them. It is only
when we ignore and try to use them in unintended ways that we all can
suffer damage of one sort or another.

Have you ever got burned with Clorox bleach? have you ever spilled some on
your clothes that you didn't intend to " bleach " and they did damage?

Ammonia is a very strong inhaling stimulator, so much so that very small
amounts can burn sensitive nasal passageways.

My point is this: Temik is safe to use in the appropriate way by trained
personnel; otherwise LEAVE IT ALONE.

My late mother Pauline Banyai was an organic gardener until she realized
that a balance of pest control methods worked much better over the long
haul.

She wouldn't or didn't always heed the label warning however. One time I
came into the garage to smell a terrible odor. As a Chemical Engineer with
a trained nose I immediately asked her what is that smell and she replied,"
only Cygon, some pesticide that I spilled or broke the bottle etc.".

I cleaned the spill up, and made her keep the garage doors open and stay
out for a couple of weeks. But she still didn't understand the risk and
danger.

With any poison or hazard, check the risk/benefits: if it is too much to
handle, leave it alone or for someone else properly skilled in handling.

Most of the Temik problems were very poor record-keeping and continued
dosing or overkill. Residual pesticides is something we only learn after
long-term usage.
     bruce