Re: Re: Cds, HL.org, another auction, the AHS, etc.

  • To: "Hosta" <hosta-open@mallorn.com>
  • Subject: Re: Re: Cds, HL.org, another auction, the AHS, etc.
  • From: "Daniel Nelson" <sussextreeinc@ce.net>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 10:18:33 -0500

        I appreciate all the nice things you have said but the library
like the Hosta Sports website has absolutely nothing to do with the AHS.
As far as I know the AHS hasn't even acknowledged that they exist.

Ditto for www.HostaSports.com

We decided we would use the names of hosta supplied to us by those
volunteering information. Whether a hosta is registered or not has no
bearing on it's position in a group of hosta sports. Trying to re-write
history by pretending these hostas don't exist is a bit of fantisy in
which we don't indulge.

If this makes us bad hosta people, so be it. What is politically correct
in the AHS changes over time. The groups of hosta sports we are
documenting at our web site are a bit more stable.(pun)

We hope everyone will visit our web site and add to or suggest changes
to the data we have compiled. Every piece of correct data makes our web
site more useful. There are many look alike hostas on the market today
and it looks like this trend is not going to go away. One day
HostaSports.com and the Hosta Library will be useful buyer guides for
those not wanting to purchase look alike hosta.(this statement should
open a can of worms!)

Dan Nelson