Re: Does anyone have info on the following hosta? Hosta Gold Piece

 In a message dated 2/17/00 22:20:05 Eastern Standard Time,
 sunkat@netnitco.net writes:

 << Gold Piece >>
 This is an old Kevin Vaughn hosta that is green a has a small golden spot in
 the leaf.  As the season progresses, the circular spot enlarges.  I have not
 seen a photo nor do I know where to find it.  I have been looking for it for
 two years. >>
Kate and all,
I just received this personal message from Kevin Vaughn, that should answer
your question.

Subj:    Re: Hosta Gold Piece Information
Date:   2/19/00 8:08:00 AM Central Standard Time
From:   (Kevin Vaughn)
To: JSchw94560@aol.com

Jim,

It was one of those that was amazing in my growth chamber but a dud
outdoors.  It turned out to be an amazing parent as it has everything but
the kitchen sink in it and gave lots of good seedlings.

Unfortunately the only plants were at Hatfield's and it was one I didn't
"rescue"......

Kevin

Thank you,
Jim Schwarz  (zone 4)