From: <Gailjo3@aol.com>
To: <hosta-open@mallorn.com>
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2000 1:32 PM
Subject: Re: A Timetable for Hosta Care

Dan, Thanks for the timetable. I would add one step. In early spring add
cup or 2 of alfalfa pellets around the base of each hosta (less for very
little plants), and water them down well. They'll break down quickly.
they
serve as an organic fertilizer and growth promoter. I
now put alfalfa on all my plants. Alfalfa meal is also
available, but it's powdery and tends to blow around
while you are applying it. Available at feed stores, farm
product stores and, perhaps, through some pet stores.
Gail