Re: A Timetable for Hosta Care

In a message dated 2/21/00 1:09:51 PM Central Standard Time,
sussextreeinc@ce.net writes:

<< Ah, the smell fish and seaweed in the morning!
 Thanks for the alfalfa tip. >>

ya, what a fresh smell.
Now I've got a question concerning the growth cycles, since it seems to bee
what Bob bases his hosta care schedule around.  What about the different
cycles that some species of hostas have....like plantaginea, that makes
flushes of leaves all summer and has a longer growth cycle?  I'm thinking
about an article that was in the AHS Journal several years ago about the
different cycles.  Shouldn't we take that into consideration?  Also, is Bob's
schedule based on the climate in North Carolina so we need to consider that
too?  Do hostas there go dormant in the hot summer, whereas they would not up
here in MN?

or...is his schedule generic enough that these things don't matter that much?

Thanks,
Cindy Johnson
White Bear Lake, MN
zone 4a....where the snow is melting cuz of our warm temps  :o(