Subject: Re: A Timetable for Hosta Care
Author:  hosta-open@mallorn.com (owner-hosta-open@mallorn.com) at HERCULES
Date:    02/21/2000 2:00 PM

Hi Gail,

I think the alfalfa is a good idea. I have heard of increased rodent
problems using alfalfa though. After all, it is a very high grade

In my garden I foliar feed my plants with fish emulsion, seaweed, a small
amount of 20-20-20 and a small amount of Epsom salts every two
three weeks until the first of August. I use a sprayer that holds 200
gallons and can spray 50 feet. I hit the crabapples I use for shade a
little too.

I also put down 17-17-17 in the spring just before the hostas emerge.

Ah, the smell fish and seaweed in the morning!

Thanks for the alfalfa tip.

Dan Nelson
Bridgeville DE
zone 7