Bare root Hosta-hot water treatment.

Today I dug up a Hosta to treat it for foliar nematods using hot water.  I
have asked Bob Axmear if he could post a picture on the library for your
reference.  I understand that it is best to treat individual divisions in
order for the heat to penetrate the crown thoroughly.  My question is, do I
have multiple crowns here or a single crown with several eyes?  In other
words, should I try to separate each bud with some of the crown and roots and
treat them or is this a single division?  As I hope you can tell from the
picture, there was only one bloom scape last year originating from this
plant.  Can anyone tell me how to proceed - my hosta is wrapped up in damp
newspaper in the frig awaiting your help.
P.S. THIS IS A $50 HOSTA!!!!
Thanks,
Bev