Re: Questions from the Past (OT)

At 09:43 PM 2/26/00 EST, you wrote:
>Dear Friends,
>
>Just in case you aren't already feeling old, the following will have you
>calling for your Geritol and wheelchair!  (Outta my way, sonny!!!!)

Hate to admit I only missed 3, and those I knew, just couldn't remember...

OK, some extra credit questions to weed out the Trivial Pursuit players:

    1 - What show was Kookie on? What was his occupation? Who played him?
    2 - Who was the Harvard professor who advocated the routine use of
mind-expanding drugs? What does LSD stand for and what popular song
(Beatles?) referenced it in its title?
    3 - What was the name of Tonto's horse? And who played Tonto?
    4 - Who wrote "Don't Think Twice, It's All Right?" And what singing
trio popularized it?
    5. - Name one of the Chicago Seven.
    6 -  What musical and movie featured the Sullivan show and involved the
last performance by a popular singer drafted into the army? Name at least
two of the stars in the movie of the same name.
    7 - What movie star and anti-war activist was vilified for taveling to
Hanoi and apologising for the war?
    8 - Name the two book series popular with young readers, both about
youthful detectives, one for boys, one for girls.
    9 - There was another popular car common among the surfers in
California and featured on the TV show "The Mod Squad." What was it called
and why? And what was the name of the Afro-wearing character on the Mod Squad?
    10. - Who wrote the music for the musical?
    11 -  What show was Maynard on, who was the actor that played him, and
for which subsequent show did he (the actor) gain even more fame?
    12 -  Ya got me on this one; can't think of any extra credit questions...
    13 - Where did this phrase originate?
    14 -  Name the TV show and it's two stars.
    15 -  What was S.P.E.C.T.E.R.?  What was U.N.C.L.E.? Who was 99?
    16 -  What song was this phrase from and who popularized it?
    17 -  There was another 'dirty' book we all passed around even before
Miller. What was it and who was the author?
    18 -  Slide rules on the belt were considered a sign of geekdom. Name
two other signs...
    19 -  Buddy Holly was killed in a private plane crash..Name the other
two stars that were killed with him.
    20 -  So, who was Hertz' major competitor and what was their slogan?
    21 -  LBJ's daughters were enthusiastic popular dancers and were often
photographed in the act. Name them.
    22 -  (This is a gimmee) And what was and is the name of the chocolate
drink mix Nestle's produced?
    23 -  Twiggy modelled for a British clothing designer who exemplified
the anorexic look. Who was it?
    24 - If Satchmo was Armstrong, who was the Duke? And name another great
trumpet player native to New Orleans and more our generation than our
parents..
    25 - Gleason started off the variety show with an intro and monologue,
then segued to the show by swinging an imaginary golf club and saying what?
    26 - The Russians also placed the first living organism into space.
What was it?
    27 - Who was the spokesperson for Timex?
    28 -  Another popular fad/toy of the time was popularized not by TV
advertizing, but by travelling salesmen/demontrators. What was the toy, and
what later comedy team revived interest in the toy when one of it's members
created a character modelled after these travelling demonstrators?
    29 -  What was the broadway show that ended with all the actors
stripping and dancing nude through the audience? And who recorded "The Age
of Aquarius?"
    30 -   No questions about Red Skelton, but here's a couple from Carol
Burnette..What was she asked to do during almost every opening (when she
took questions from the audience) and how did she end the opening?

And for a gazillion extra credit points, can anyone generate a list of
existing hostas that relate to each question above?

Gerry